Working with Windows-7? This Operating System is very easy to tweak with its themes, backgrounds, fonts and similar other options. Any novice user can customize his working environment with ease. But once you lock your machine or even before that, as you are logging into it, you face a default blue screen. Although that’s not before our eyes for longer periods of time yet many of us are bored of it. Let’s change it.
We are going to learn a couple of ways to change Windows 7 Logon Background Screen. Either you will have to play with minor registry setting (I’ll help you) or just skip to 2nd option of using a third party software. Choice is yours.
If you are not feeling working easy with Windows registry file, you can download Modify OEMBackground value. Simply extract and run the file. If you opted this method, skip to step 5 below.
- Open Registry editor. Type “regedit” in search bar of windows start menu.
- Its always better to take backup whenever you are going to modify Windows registry, no matter how minor is the change. Go to “File > Export” to take backup.
- From folders in left navigation pane, go to below path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Authentication\ LogonUI\ Background
- As in below image, change the value of “OEMBackground” to ’1′
- After you have modified the value of OEMBackground, go to %windir%\system32\oobe using Windows Start menu search bar.
- Create a folder named info and open it.
- Create a folder backgrounds inside folder ‘info’
- Copy your desired image file in above folder and rename it as backgroundDefault.jpg
Your image must be less than 256KB to get the desired result.
Third Party Software:
You can use either of below software to change Windows-7 log-on screen without any hassle. By using a software, you can not only change to your desired image quickly but you can customize other settings too. These software take care of image name and allowed size of your images themselves.